Maintaining Relationships With Grandchildren

The contentious divorce of your adult child can mean more limited time with grandchildren. When an adult child struggles with addiction or suddenly passes away, you may also feel at the mercy of a son-in-law or daughter-in-law to see grandchildren. If you live some distance from grandchildren who reside in the San Antonio area, you may worry that you have no rights.

Grandparents who reside in Texas and other states have trusted The Law Office of Ryan C. Moe, PLLC, to help them maintain close bonds with their grandchildren. We provide caring representation that is tailored to your needs.

Our attorneys will look for a solution that meets your needs as well as the best interests of your grandchildren who benefit from an ongoing relationship.

Grandparent Visitation Requests

As a grandparent, when can you ask the court to order visitation? Texas courts may grant visitation in the following circumstances:

  • Divorce of the parents
  • Abuse and neglect allegations
  • Incarceration, incompetency or death of a parent
  • Termination of a parent-child relationship

You may also be able to ask for formal custody or visitation if your grandchild has lived with you for six months. The court will also seek to do what is in the best interests of the child.

Schedule an appointment with one of our experienced lawyers today. Call 210-614-6400 to reach our San Antonio office. We offer appointments outside of standard business hours by request.